About Coach Susie Grossman
Born in the Appalachian Mountains of West Virginia, raised in northern Indiana and now residing in Southern Indiana, I have loved helping others from the time I started my first job. Through trial and error and working jobs that left me unfulfilled and disillusioned, I finally figured out that in order to help others, I needed to teach them.
And this is where the real story of Coach Susie starts.
My a-ha moment came as I finished my own weight loss journey and began to embrace martial arts. Through those simultaneous journeys, I learned that I could maintain my weight at a healthy level (it only took my first thirty years of life to figure out how to lose and keep off seventy extra pounds), and also find a type of exercise that I could wholeheartedly embrace.
After six years and receiving my black belt in Taekwondo, I began to branch out into teaching Turbo Kick® and over the course of the next few years, I slowly transitioned into personal training. Finding personal training was one of the greatest gifts of my life! I absolutely fell in love with teaching others and watching them grow and create their own personal and amazing journeys!
I’ve had clients who, after starting personal training, have gone on to have babies (their first in their late thirties), find a mate after many years of being single, to teaching their own style of fitness classes and many other successes. Their successes have come as a result of learning how to get into tune with their bodies through focused, thoughtful and effective fitness.
Helping others grow and find their own fulfillment and satisfaction with exercise is really what I’m all about, but for those who would also like to know about my credentials:
- I am a Certified Online Trainer (OTC) through the Online Trainer Academy.
- I am a NASM certified personal trainer and a 200-hour registered yoga teacher.
- I have been certified as a StrongFirst kettlebell instructor . You can check out the requirements here. I spent ten years getting to the point of being able to test for it!
- I’ve completed 240 hours in yoga therapy training with Doug Keller.
- I am a black belt in Taekwondo.
- I have worked as a tour guide for a cave and love wild cave exploration!
My passion and purpose is to help you grow and develop your own fitness success story!